Ditto - 2. How to Display a List of Articles
How to Display a List of Articles
This an example of how to create your website and add a blog or list of news items using Ditto.
1. The first step is to create your content
- We will have 4 pages- Home, About Us, Contact Us, and Blog
- Create a new article for each page.
- Leave the content for Blog blank
2. Right-click on the Blog page (in the tree) and choose 'Create document here'
- Name it Blog 1 and put some example text in the content.
- Do this 2 more times for a total of 3 articles in the Blog folder
3. Create your Blog template
- Create a new chunk called 'tpl_Blog'
- Paste the following code into it
<h3><a href="[~[+id+]~]">[+date+] : [+title+] </a></h3> <p>[+content+]</p>
4. Put Ditto in the Blog parent Article
- Edit the page titled Blog and enter the following information
[[Ditto? &parents=`THE_ID_OF_THE_BLOG_GOES_HERE` &tpl=`tpl_Blog` ]]
That is it for creating a simple blog. There are many additional parameters you can use to customize Ditto. In the next few articles, we will look at eForm and Wayfinder.